The J. Reuben Clark Historic Farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The barns and farm buildings date from the 1880s and were built by Charles L. Anderson, an early Swedish immigrant to Grantsville. A two-story adobe home originally stood on the property, but was torn down in 1917 after a fire. Click here to read a biography of Charles L. Anderson.
J. Reuben Clark, Jr., who grew up just down the street, later purchased the farm and built the 1941 red-brick home. Here is a link to his biography and a neat video about him.
The basement of the home has been converted into a Daughters of the Utah Pioneer Museum, which is open on during Clark Farm events and on Saturday afternoons in the summer. The upstairs houses a preschool.
The farm is on the west end of a historic area of town where the original Grantsville Fort stood in 1854-55. Within about a half mile there are four sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places, plus three additional pre-1900 era homes. The Donner Reed Museum and the Old Grantsville Church were located within the boundaries of the original fort. Tours are available upon request. Email us to schedule your tour.